This two truck Shay was built by the Lima Locomotive Works in 1898 for the shortline lumber Boyne City & Southeastern Railroad in Boyne City, MI. In 1918, it was bought by the Cadillac Lumber & Chemical Company. The Cadillac-Soo Lumber Company was founded in 1923 by the Cadillac Lumber & Chemical Company and the Richardson and Avery Company, and #3 was transferred to the new company. Cadillac-Soo Lumber ceased operations in 1956, when #3 was donated to the City of Cadillac. It is on display in City Park near the corner of S Lake St and W Cass St.
#3 weighs 55,000 lbs. It has three 10” x 12” cylinders. The bunker has a capacity of 1,200 gallons of water and 2 tons of coal.
Digimarc and the Digimarc logo are registered trademarks of Digimarc Corporation. The "Digimarc-Enabled" Web Button is a trademark of Digimarc Corporation, used with permission.