This oil burning Prairie type (2-6-2) locomotive was built in 1921 for the Hetch Hetchy Railroad as #5. The Hetch Hetchy was a sixty-eight mile railroad constructed by the City of San Francisco to support construction and expansion of the O'Shaughnessy Dam across Hetch Hetchy Valley in the northwest corner of Yosemite National Park in California. It operated from 1917 to 1949, primarily carrying construction crews and materials, but it also carried passengers, freight and mail
The locomotive was bought by the Weyerhaeuser Timber Co., in 1937 and renumbered #100. It worked at Vail, WA, until 1948 when it was moved to operate on the Nonpareil run out of Sutherlin, OR.
Digimarc and the Digimarc logo are registered trademarks of Digimarc Corporation. The "Digimarc-Enabled" Web Button is a trademark of Digimarc Corporation, used with permission.