#110 was built in 1924 for the Angelina County Lumber Company in Keltys, TX, by Baldwin. A Mikado type (2-8-2) oil burning locomotive, it weighs 164,700 lbs, 125,500 lbs on its 48" drivers. With 19" x 24" cylinders, it operated at a boiler pressure of 180 psi delivering 27,610 lbs tractive effort.
The Angelina County Lumber Company was founded in 1890 by a partnership seeking to expand its lumber operations centred at Keltys, TX. To transport timber to the mill, the company built a tram railroad. In 1900, the company chartered the railroad as a common carrier under the name Angelina & Neches River Railroad and extended the line to Chireno in Nacogdoches County.
Digimarc and the Digimarc logo are registered trademarks of Digimarc Corporation. The "Digimarc-Enabled" Web Button is a trademark of Digimarc Corporation, used with permission.
In 1916, the San Augustine Lumber Company was organised to purchase the mill and the original company was dissolved in 1923, when the San Augustine Lumber Company took the name of the Angelina County Lumber Company. It continued to operate until 1966, when the plant and timber reserves were sold to Owens-Illinois who donated #110 to the City of Lufkin.
#110 is now on display in the Ellen Trout Zoo in Lufkin, TX.